Traumeel® is all about getting you back to doing what you love most. Whether that’s running, playing football, teaching yoga classes, or simply taking a nice long walk. But the truth is even the fittest people injure themselves every once in a while. And that’s where Traumeel® comes in. This effective, natural medication shortens inflammation processes and accelerates healing.
So you can #keepmoving.
Injuries are a part of our daily activities. And when an injury occurs, the body reacts with inflammation, which manifests with swelling, pain, redness and limited mobility.
Despite unpleasant symptoms, inflammation is a natural body reaction to injury and is necessary for proper healing.
If inflammation is blocked or not appropriately treated, it can make things worse leading to chronicity, creation of ‘weak spots’ and recurrent injuries (like repetitive ankle sprains).1
Sometimes injured persons rely on conventional anti-inflammatory medications or analgesics to mitigate the symptoms. While alleviating pain, they can block inflammatory processes, which may lead to prolonged or disrupted healing.2
In the past, inflammation had negative connotations and anti-inflammatory medicines were thought beneficial, with no doubt.
Scientists now recognize that inflammation is a direct result of the body’s natural healing mechanisms – there can be no healing without inflammation. It has an important role in how our immune system keeps the body safe and healthy. Inflammation initiates the healing processes to repair the damaged tissue.
Suppressing this natural healing process with NSAIDs may block the beneficial effects of inflammation and may have a negative impact on immune response.
Traumeel® helps to resolve inflammation by shortening the resolution interval and supporting healing.1,2,3,4
After injury, everyone is eager to get back to doing what they love. But if the healing process is not complete and you return to activity too soon, it can lead to further injury, repetitive injuries or even chronicity.
So, when it comes to injuries such as strains and sprains, you need a sustainable solution and not just pain relief.
Traumeel® offers a new approach to treating muscle and joint inflammation by supporting inflammation resolution and accelerating the natural healing process, thus providing sustained recovery from injury1,2,4-11, minimizing the risk of ’weak spots’ or chronicity.
Traumeel® is a multitarget, multicomponent medication that supports inflammation resolution and shortens the inflammation resolution interval. It alleviates the inflammation symptoms without blocking the process, helping to accelerate healing and provides sustained recovery from injury.1,2,4-11
Traumeel®'s mode of action is different from other medications, suggesting the prevention of typical side effects while showing the same effectiveness for symptom relief.1-3
As a result, it helps you regain your normal mobility and activity faster.
Traumeel® is a multitarget, multicomponent medication combining 14 natural ingredients for reliable treatment of various inflammatory conditions including injuries, especially of the musculoskeletal system. Traumeel® has been tested in many clinical and observational studies.
Traumeel® ingredients work together to quicker resolve inflammation, to support healing processes, and to ensure effective and well-tolerated relief of inflammation symptoms. As a result, you can regain your normal mobility and activity faster.
Traumeel® is an effective medication for the reliable treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, with a very good safety profile.5,6,13-15.
Many clinical and observational studies show that Traumeel® is as effective as other medications in treating sports injuries, but is better tolerated.4-6,13-16,19,20. Sport medicine professionals in Germany, Italy, and Spain acknowledge Traumeel® as a treatment option in their respective consensus guidelines.25-28
Traumeel® can be used over prolonged periods of time, has a very good safety profile and no known interactions with other medications. SmPC And with a wide range of different formulations, there's always one that suits you best.
Traumeel® has been tested in many clinical trials and observational studies, which show that Traumeel® is better than placebo and at least6 as effective as other medications in treating musculoskeletal injuries, but at the same time it is better tolerated.
Traumeel® is well tolerated and is a safer choice than non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs potential side effects limit the use in patients taking several medicines together (drug interactions), with impaired liver function, impaired kidney function, gastrointestinal or heart diseases. Traumeel has no known drug interactions, and is contraindicated in the case of allergy (hypersensitivity) to one or more of the ingredients. Its use in patients with immune system dysfunction should be evaluated by a physician.
In contrast to anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs) or painkillers the multi-component medicine Traumeel® helps resolve inflammation and supports healing processes. It’s is not a pain-killer, therefore the pain reduction may be slower than with other medicines, but Traumeel allows for proper healing.
Traumeel consists of 14 plant extracts and minerals. The active ingredients are:
Traumeel® is registered and manufactured under homeopathic conditions, but contains ponderable quantities of active ingredients which have demonstrated efficacy, so patients will be receiving a clinically-effective dose.
A number of studies evaluating Traumeel® in different indications has demonstrated its effectiveness compared with placebo, NSAIDs and conventional therapy.
Traumeel® is produced in Germany by Heel GmbH. Heel manufactures all its products according to the highest international pharmaceutical standards. Our laboratories and production facilities use the latest technology and manufacturing methods, are certified by globally recognized institutions such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and adhere to validated standards such as Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
Recent studies show that anti-inflammatory medications may delay the natural healing process or even cause side effects because they suppress inflammation, which is actually a vital component of tissue recovery. These medications mainly focus on quick pain relief and not on the healing process in its entirety. Traumeel® is multitarget, multicomponent medication that supports inflammation resolution, helps to accelerate the healing process, and provides sustained recovery from injury.
Traumeel® has been used in more than 50 countries around the world for over 85 years. It has helped millions of patients gain relief from pain and inflammation.
1. St Laurent G 3rd, Seilheimer B, Tackett M, et al. Deep Sequencing Transcriptome Analysis of Murine Wound Healing: Effects of a Multicomponent, Multitarget Natural Product Therapy-Tr14. Front Mol Biosci. 2017;4:57. Published 2017 Aug 17. doi:10.3389/fmolb.2017.00057
2. Baillif V, Guigné C, Wanecq E, et al. A multicomponent medication (HE-100) promotes inflammation resolution. Poster presented at: Resolution of Inflammation, Infection and Tissue Regeneration; June 25-26, 2018; New York, USA. Link to abstract: https://www.ambiotis.com/images/temoignages/NYAS-2018-submitted-abstract.pdf
3. Porozov S, Cahalon L, Weiser M, Branski D, Lider O, Oberbaum M. Inhibition of IL-1beta and TNF-alpha secretion from resting and activated human immunocytes by the homeopathic medication Traumeel S. Clin Dev Immunol. 2004;11(2):143-149. doi:10.1080/10446670410001722203
4. González de Vega C, Speed C, Wolfarth B, González J. Traumeel vs. diclofenac for reducing pain and improving ankle mobility after acute ankle sprain: a multicentre, randomised, blinded, controlled and non-inferiority trial. Int J Clin Pract. 2013;67(10):979-989. doi:10.1111/ijcp.12219
5. Birnesser H, Oberbaum M, Klein, P Weiser M. The homeopathic preparation Traumeel S compared with NSAIDs for symptomatic treatment of epicondylitis. J Musculoskelet Res. 2004;8:119–128. doi.org/10.1142/S0218957704001284
6. Schneider C, Klein P, Stolt P, Oberbaum M. A homeopathic ointment preparation compared with 1% diclofenac gel for acute symptomatic treatment of tendinopathy. Explore (NY). 2005;1(6):446-452. doi:10.1016/j.explore.2005.08.010
7. St Laurent G, Toma I, Tackett M, et al. Differential effects of Tr14 versus diclofenac on pro-resolving lipid mediators revealed by rnaseq. [Abstract AB0080]. Ann Rheum Dis. 2018;77(Suppl): A1237
8. St Laurent G, Toma I, Seilheimer B, et al. Differential effects of Tr14 versus diclofenac on cox/lox pathways revealed by rnaseq. . [Abstract THU0021. Ann Rheum Dis. 2018;77(Suppl): A328
9. Muders K, Pilat C, Deuster V, et al. Effects of Traumeel (Tr14) on Exercise-Induced Muscle Damage Response in Healthy Subjects: A Double-Blind RCT. Mediators Inflamm. 2016;2016:1693918. doi:10.1155/2016/1693918
10. Muders K, Pilat C, Deuster V, et al. Effects of Traumeel (Tr14) on recovery and inflammatory immune response after repeated bouts of exercise: a double-blind RCT. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2017;117(3):591-605. doi:10.1007/s00421-017-3554-8
11. Cesnulevicius K. The bioregulatory approach to work-related musculoskeletal disorders: using the multicomponent ultra low-dose medication Traumeel to target the multiple pathophysiological processes of the disease. Altern Ther Health Med. 2011;17(suppl 2):S8-S17.
12. Martel-Pelletier J, Pelletier JP, Fahmi H. Cyclooxygenase-2 and prostaglandins in articular tissues. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2003;33(3):155-167. doi:10.1016/s0049-0172(03)00134-3
13. Schneider C, Schneider B, Hanisch J, van Haselen R. The role of a homoeopathic preparation compared with conventional therapy in the treatment of injuries: an observational cohort study. Complement Ther Med. 2008;16(1):22-27. doi:10.1016/j.ctim.2007.04.004
14. Zenner S, Weiser M. Orale Therapie traumatischer, entzündlicher und degenerativer Affektionen mit einem Homöopathikum [Oral Treatment of Traumatic, Inflammatory, and Degenerative Conditions with a Homeopathic Remedy]. Biologische Medizin. 1996;XXV(5):211- 216. (English translation available in: Biomed Ther. 1997;XV(1):22-26).
15. Zenner S, Metelmann H. Therapieerfahrungen mit Traumeel S Salbe: Ergebnisse einer multizentrischen Anwendungsbeobachtung an 3,422 Patienten [Therapy Experience with a Homeopathic Ointment: Results of Drug Surveillance Conducted on 3,422 Patients]. Biologische Medizin. 1992;XXI(5):341–9. (English translation available in: Biol Ther. 1994; XII(3):204–211).
16. Zenner S, Metelmann H. Einsatzmöglichkeiten von Traumeel S Injektionslösung: Ergebnisse einer multizentrischen Anwendungsbeobachtung an 3241 Patienten [Application Possibilities of Traumeel S Injection Solution: Results of a Multicentric Drug Monitoring Trial Conducted on 3,241 Patients]. Biologische Medizin. 1992;XXI(3):207–219. (English translation available in: Biol Ther. 1992;X(4):301–310)
17. Vuurberg G, Hoorntje A, Wink LM, et al. Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of ankle sprains: update of an evidence-based clinical guideline. Br J Sports Med. 2018;52(15):956. doi:10.1136/bjsports-2017-098106
18. Stovitz SD, Johnson RJ. NSAIDs and musculoskeletal treatment: what is the clinical evidence? Phys Sportsmed. 2003;31(1):35-52. doi:10.3810/psm.2003.01.160
19. Zell J, Connert WD, Mau J, Feuerstake G. Behandlung von akuten Sprunggelenksdistorsionen: Doppelblindstudie zum Wirksamkeitsnachweis eines homoopathischen Salbenpraparats. [Treatment of acute sprains of the ankle: a controlled doubleblind trial to test the effectiveness of a homeopathic ointment]. Fortschr Med 1988;106(5):96–100. English translation available in Biol Ther. 1989;7(1):1–6.
20. Böhmer D, Ambrus P. Treatment of sports injuries with Traumeel ointment: a controlled double-blind study. Biol Ther. 1992;10(4):290-300.
21. Traumeel® Summary of Product Characteristics.
22. Arora S, Harris T, Scherer C. Clinical safety of a homeopathic preparation. Biomed Ther. 2000;18(2):222–225.
23. Griffin M. Con: nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs should not be routinely administered for postoperative analgesia after cardiac surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2000;14(6):735‐738. doi:10.1053/jcan.2000.18591.
24. Langendorf EK, Klein A, Rommens PM, Drees P, Ritz U, Mattyasovszky SG. Calf Blood Compound (CFC) and Homeopathic Drug Induce Differentiation of Primary Human Skeletal Muscle Cells. Int J Sports Med. 2019;40(12):803-809. doi:10.1055/a-0915-2306
25. Beispielliste zulaessiger Medicamente 2021. Accessed April 2021. https://www.nada.de/medizin/im-krankheitsfall
26. World Anti-Doping Code International Standard Prohibited List 2021. Accessed April 2021. https://www.wada-ama.org/en/resources/sciencemedicine/prohibited-list-documents
27. Bisciotti GN, Volpi P, Amato M, et al. Italian consensus conference on guidelines for conservative treatment on lower limb muscle injuries in athlete. BMJ Open Sport Exerc Med. 2018;4(1):e000323. Published 2018 May 24. doi:10.1136/bmjsem-2017-000323
28. Del Valle Soto M, Díaz JF, Marqueta PM, et al. Consenso sobre utilización de la vía parenteral en el deporte. Utilización de medicación homeopática, terapias biológicas y biorreguladoras. Documento de Consenso de la Federación Española de Medicina del Deporte [Consensus on use of parenteral therapy in sports. Use of homeopathic medication, biological and bioregulatory therapy. Document of consensus of the Spanish Federation of Sports Medicine] Arch Med Deporte. 2013;30(1):8–13
29. Lussignoli S, Bertani S, Metelmann H, Bellavite P, Conforti A. Effect of Traumeel S, a homeopathic formulation, on blood-induced inflammation in rats. Complement Ther Med. 1999;7(4):225-230. doi:10.1016/s0965-2299(99)80006-5
Please choose your country. You will leave this website and will be redirected to your local website to get more information about Traumeel.